After many years of only offering Europe programs, we have recently added the USA program! There are many differences compared to Europe and be careful to not confuse them.
This program gives you the opportunity to explore as an au pair the many benefits that the United States of America have to offer!
"I was in Times Square New York. It’s true what they say: the city that never sleeps."
Au pair in Florida, USA 2018
Program costs: R9.400
First payment - Payable upon submission of application
Second payment - Payable upon confirmation of acceptance
Final paymant - Payable upon placement with a host family
What to expect when you're there?
- Earn a weekly stipend of $195,75 or $10.000+ a year! (~R2800 per week)
The U.S. Department of State calculation of the minimum weekly stipend of $195.75 is based on the federal minimum wage with a 40% deduction for room and board in exchange for childcare services. Host families and au pairs are free to agree to compensation higher than the legally applicable minimum.
- Timely match with a screened, caring host family
- Educational allowance to study in the US
- 2 weeks of paid vacation
- Roundtrip airfare, private bedroom, full board and travel insurance included
- Training program at the Au Pair Academy near New York City
- Ability to travel for 30 days at the end of your program
- Sponsorship of your 12-month J-1 visa
- Opportunity to extend your program for 6, 9 or 12 months
Au Pair responsibilities
- Living with an American host family and working as an Au Pair is a unique and rewarding experience. Au Pairs are responsible for providing quality childcare for up to 45 hours per week
- Playing with the children and keeping them safe
- Preparing meals and snacks for the children
- Helping to keep the children's rooms tidy
- Bathing and dressing the children
- Helping school age kids by packing lunches, taking them to school and helping with homework
- Entertaining the children and teaching them about your culture
- Taking children on outings to parks, playgroups and other activities
- Travelling with your host family on vacations and providing care for the children
- Your responsibilities as an Au Pair are limited to child care and related duties. You will not be expected to perform tasks that are not related to children or include heavy manual labour. However, as a family member, you may be asked to help participate in duties that a typical family member would help with.
Not included in the package
- Application for your passport
- Police clearance
- Before your match, you are required to get a general medical test done due to your host country's rules and regulations
- Visa fee of $160 payable to the US consulate