Germany is one of the au pair programs. Situated in the heart of Europe, Germany will surprise you with the cultural and natural diversity of its 16 different states.
In addition, it boarders no less than 9 countries making the rest of Europe at your disposal. As an au pair with so many opportunities right at your doorstep, your stay in Germany will be the experience of a lifetime.
Program costs: R8.350
First payment - Payable upon submission of application
Second payment - Payable upon confirmation of acceptance
Final paymant - Payable upon placement with a host family
What to expect when you're there?
- Live and work in exciting cities such as Berlin, Hamburg, Cologne, Frankfurt, Heidelberg, Stuttgart or Munich
- Free room and board
- You will work a maximum of 30 hours per week
- 24/7 Emergency Hotline in case of need for support after business hours
- Approximately €350 (~R5.800) pocket money per month
- Opportunity to attend a German language course
- Regular au pair meetings during your stay
What is covered?
- Your return flight tickets to and from Germany for a 1 year commitment
- Medical insurance for the duration of the program
- Free monthly public transportation ticket for the city of your placement or access to a car
- Host family screening and selection by overseas agents
- 2 days of paid vacation per month (4 weeks for a 12 month stay)
- Free Au Pair training day
Not included in the package
- Application for your passport and full unabridged birth certificate
- Police clearance at your local police station
- Before your match, you are required to get a general medical test done due to your host country's rules and regulations
- If you are unable to speak German you need to do a Basic German course with a certificate of completion (A1 level)
- Your visa fee payable at the German Consulate General (~R900)