Belgium is one of the programs we have at BAP. Many people underestimate this kingdom because of its small size, but it has more to offer than you might think. French, Dutch as wel as German are official languages in this country. The country of Tomorrowland, chocolate, beer and French fries.
By living in with a host family as an au pair, you will learn their languages and their culture. Due to Belgium's central location and the excellent infrastructure, you'll be able to travel throughout Europe. It is the perfect place to start your journey.
"The last city I visited and explored was Bruges in Belgium. I think it is one of the most beautiful cities here in Belgium with great people, a great atmosphere, amazing views and sites to see and take pictures of"
Au pair in Belgium 2018
Program costs: R8.700
First payment - Payable upon submission of application
Second payment - Payable upon confirmation of acceptance
Final paymant - Payable upon placement with a host family
What to expect when you're there?
- Free room and board
- 20-30 working hours per week, including some evenings babysitting
- 24/7 Emergency Hotline in case of need for suppport after business hours
- Minimum of €450 (~R7000) pocket money per month
What is covered?
- Your return flight tickets
- Study allowance for you to take a language course in Dutch or French
- Medical insurance for the duration of the program
- Host family screening and selection by overseas agents
- Free Au Pair training day
- Free interview
- Free matching with the right host family for you
Not included in the package
- Application for your passport
- Police clearance at your local police station
- After your match, you are required to get some medical tests done due to your host country's rules and regulations
- Your visa fee payable at the Belgium Consulate General