Why The USA?
After many years of only offering Europe we have recently added the USA program. There are many differences compared to Europe and be careful to not confuse them.
This program gives you the opportunity to explore, as an au pair the many benefits AMERICA has to offer
- Between 18 and 26 years. Unmarried with no children
- No criminal record and at a minimum your matric high school certificate
- A genuine love for children and good reference from non-family members
- Be a non-smoker – have a driver’s license and not be married / divorced / engaged or have children of your own
Unlike some of our programs the above is not negotiable
What can you expect once you’re there?
- Earn a weekly stipend of $195.75 or $10,000+ a year! (approx. R2600 per week)
- Timely match with a screened, caring host family
- Educational allowance to study in the U.S. & 2 weeks paid vacation
- Round-trip airfare, private bedroom, full board & travel insurance included
- Training program at the Au Pair Academy near New York City
- Ability to travel for 30 days at the end of your program
- Sponsorship of your 12-month J-1 visa
- Opportunity to extend your program for 6, 9 or 12 months
- Au Pair Responsibilities
Living with an American host family and working as an Au Pair is a unique and rewarding experience. Au Pairs are responsible for providing quality childcare for up to 45 hours per week, including the following:
~ Playing with the children and keeping them safe
~ Preparing meals and snacks for the children
~ Helping to keep the children’s rooms tidy
~ Bathing and dressing the children
~ Helping school age kids by packing lunches, taking them to school and helping with homework
~ Entertaining the children and teaching them about your culture
~ Taking the children on outings to parks, playgroups and other activities
~ Travelling with your host family on vacations and providing care for the children
- Your responsibilities as an Au Pair are limited to child care and related duties. You will not be expected to perform tasks that are not related to children or include heavy manual labour. However, as a family member, you may be asked to help participate in duties that a typical family member would help with.
Not included in the package
- Application for your passport and full unabridged birth certificate
- You have to apply for your own police clearance at your local police station
- Before your match you are required to get a general medical test done.
- Visa fees $160 payable to the USA consulate
- R500 registration fee.
Program costs: R 7’350
- R 1’350 First Payment – payable upon submission of application.
- R 2’000 Second Payment – payable upon confirmation of acceptance
- R 4’000 Final Payment – payable upon placement with a host family