Why The Netherlands?
One of our biggest programs is the Netherlands program. Besides the Netherlands, BAP also has a Belgium, Germany and USA program. When you think of The Netherlands, you see windmills, beautiful tulips, amazing cheese and many bicycles! This is only the beginning of what this magnificent country has to offer!
Holland is a small country in the west of Europe and is completely different to South Africa.
This program gives you the opportunity to explore, as an au pair, a new country as well as any neighboring countries that you would like to visit, you get to learn a new culture and a new language while living out your traveling dreams!
- Between 18 and 29 years. You must arrive before your 30th birthday
- Unmarried with no children
- No criminal record
- A genuine love for children and some babysitting experience
- Able to ride a bicycle (knowing how to swim also helps)
No formal childcare training is necessary, but you need to love being around kids.
A driver’s license is not always necessary as most of our families don’t require you to drive, however, having one will count in your favor!
What can you expect once you’re there?
- Free room and board
- Monthly airtime as well as free internet access on the host family computer
- Two weeks paid leave
- 24/7 Emergency Hotline in case of need for support after business hours
- Regular Au Pair Meetings
- Approximately 300 – 340 Euro a month (about R5’000 depending on the exchange rate)
What is covered?
- Your return flight ticket
- All visa processing fees in Holland
- Study allowance for you to take a language course in Dutch
- Medical insurance for the duration of the program
- Host family screening and selection by overseas agents
- FREE au pair training day
Not included in the package
- Application for your passport and full unabridged birth certificate
- You have to apply for your own police clearance at your local police station
- Before your match you are required to get a general medical test done.
Program costs: R 8’350
- R 500 Registration Fee
- R 1’350 First Payment – payable upon submission of application.
- R 2’000 Second Payment – payable upon confirmation of acceptance
- R 4’500 Final Payment – payable upon placement with a host family