Germany is one of the au pair programs we have at BAP besides Holland and Belgium. Situated in the heart of Europe, Germany will surprise you with the cultural and natural diversity of its 16 different states.
In addition, it boarders no less than 9 countries making the rest of Europe at your disposal. As an au pair with so many opportunities right at your doorstep, your stay in Germany will be the experience of a lifetime.
- Between 18 and 26 years. (Due to visa requirements)
- South African citizen
- Unmarried with no children
- Must be a NON smoker
- Must have a genuine love for children and some babysitting experience
- You NEED to be able to speak basic German and you will need a certificate of completion on a German course before your Visa appointment as it will be partially in German.
No formal childcare training is necessary, but you need to love being around kids.
A driver’s license is preferred but not necessary, however, having one will count in your favour
What can you expect once you’re there?
- Live and work in exciting cities such as Berlin, Hamburg, Cologne, Frankfurt, Heidelberg, Stuttgart or Munich
- Free room and board
- You will work a maximum of 30 hours per week
- Approximately 350 Euro (R5’270 depending on the exchange rate) per month.
- 24/7 emergency hotline in case our Au Pairs need support after business hours
- The opportunity to attend a German language course
- Regular au pair meetings during your stay
What is covered?
- Free flights to and from Germany for a 12 month commitment
- Free room and board
- Free comprehensive insurance package
- Free monthly public transportation ticket for the city of your placement or access to a car
- Host family screening and selection by overseas agents
- 2 days of paid vacation per month (4 weeks for a 12 month stay)
- FREE au pair training day
Not included in the package
- Application for your passport and full unabridged birth certificate
- You have to apply for your own police clearance at your local police station
- Before your match you are required to get a general medical test done.
- If you are unable to speak German you need to do a Basic German course with a certificate of completion (A1 Level)
- Your Visa fee payable at the German Consulate (Approximately R900)
Program costs: R 8’350
- R 500 Registration Fee
- R 1’350 First Payment – payable upon submission of application.
- R 2’000 Second Payment – payable upon confirmation of acceptance
- R 4’500 Final Payment – payable upon placement with a host family