Belgium is one of the programs we have at BAP besides the Hollandand Germany program. Many people underestimate this kingdom because of its small size, but it has more to offer than you might think. French, Dutch as well as German are official languages in this country.
By living in a Host family as an au pair you will learn their language and their culture. Due to Belgium’s central location and the excellent infrastructure you’ll be able to travel throughout Europe. It is the perfect place to start your journey.
- Between 18 and 25 years. You must arrive before your 26th birthday
- Unmarried with no children
- No criminal record
- Matric certificate
- A genuine love for children and some babysitting experience
- Can ride a bicycle (it also helps if you can swim)
No formal childcare training is necessary, but you need to love being around kids.
What can you expect once you’re there?
- Free room and board
- 20 – 30 working hours per week, including some evenings babysitting
- Two weeks paid leave during your year
- 24/7 Emergency Hotline in case of need for support after business hours
- Minimum of 450 Euro (R6 775 depending on exchange rate) per month pocket money
What is covered?
- Your return flight ticket
- All visa processing fees in Holland
- Study allowance for you to take a language course in Dutch or French
- Medical insurance for the duration of the program
- Host family screening and selection by overseas agents
- FREE au pair training day
- FREE interview
- FREE matching with the right host family for you
Not included in the package
- Application for your passport
- You have to apply for your own police clearance at your local police station
- After your match you are required to get some medical tests done due to your host country’s rules and regulations.
- Your visa fee payable at the Belgium Consulate General
Program costs: R 8’000
- R 500 Registration Fee
- R 1’000 First Payment – payable upon submission of application.
- R 2’000 Second Payment – payable upon confirmation of acceptance
- R 4’500 Final Payment – payable upon placement with a host family
ABOVE program costs excludes the visa fee payable to the Belgium consulate